Saturday, June 1, 2013

History Hop


I am doing the History Hop hosted by Leah Curtis and here is the link to her blog: http://beadyeyedbunny.blogspot.co.uk/
 Please make sure you visit her blog and check out what the other participants created.

You choose a specific region and civilization and then you create your pieces.
I choose the Indus Valley Civilization, partly because is my heritage, my grandparents were all born in India.
For this era the jewelry was made of gold, semi precious stones, pearls,copper, pearls, corals, shells, etc..
So for my first piece I had a pendant made of pearls, coral and green stones(emerald imitation), so I decided to make a necklace using the some colors as the pendant.
Then I had components and I had no idea what I was going to make with it.
Voila! I made a necklace and a bracelet to match.
Thank you so much Leah for giving us a chance to show-off our creativity, and all the work you have put into this challenge

15 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect! The filigree, pearls, gems...it all suits the era perfectly. Thank you for joining in! I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous pieces! They look so sumptuous and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely colours and I especially love the bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! I love that you chose something that represented your family heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The components you've chosen are perfect! They're both beautiful designs, very regal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! I love each and every piece, but I think my favorite is the bracelet, or maybe the first necklace, oh so hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely designs! The colors are so bright and cheerful, and how cool that these pieces are connected with your heritage. Wonderful work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your designs are definetly Indian. I find them beautiful, colourful and lush. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pieces, gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful collection of colours and shapes. These look perfect for the summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the first necklace is my ♥favourite, but all have beautiful soft tones...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first is my favorite, too! But you made such nice color choices on all of your pieces. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete