Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bead Soup Blog Party, Bead Hoarders Edition

It is finally here!!!!

For this challenge Lori Anderson from Pretty Things paired beader's and we sent each other a focal bead that we were "hoarding" and that were special to us, and we were to make a beaded piece from those beads.
This is a blog hop, so you can visit Lori's Blog to see what all the other bead artists created.
You can see her blog HERE

Thank you so much Lori for making this happen.
I am so glad for this opportunity.

I was paired with Valerie Tilghman from http://artjewelzdimensions.blogspot.com/

The above postcard is from Valerie.

This is what I received from Valerie:
I am so honored by the beads that I received, because they were Valerie's Moms beads.
The fish is so cute and it looks like it made of shell. Such a cute little guy, Valerie also sent me some vintage beads.

This is what I created:

I made a simple strand necklace, I did not want to take away from the beauty of my fishy.
I used 6mm Aquamarine and pink Quartz beads. I also used the shell beads that I received.


This pendant was a bead embroidery and I used cup chain, bicones, and I used the vintage bead that Valerie sent for the center of my pendant,  I also added a ruby drop.

To finish Valerie sent me something else:
Georgia Peach tea, so I am relaxing drinking some peach tea and hopping around to see what everyone else created.
Thank Lori again and thank you Valerie!!

I hope everyone had as much fun as I had.

Happy Hopping!!!


28 comments:

  1. Hi Jasvanti,
    Keeping the fish necklace simple was a great idea. Your necklace turned out beautifully! And your bead embroidery continues to get better with each piece. Lovely pendant!
    I hope you are doing well and enjoy the hop :-)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fish pendant. Your necklace is the perfect way to let it shine. Great color choices. Your bead embroidery pendant is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fish pendant is so pretty and I love how you complimented it with your necklace. I love your embroirdered pendant. The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jasvanti, The fish is indeed cute and you showed it really well. I am a bead embroidery fan so my favorite is the pendant that you created. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that fish is amazing! I love the colors in your necklace - they really allow the fish to take center stage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your sense of colour :) Oh, and that pendant is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces Jasvanti I like the way you kept the fish necklace simple so that the fish is the star. The pendant is gorgeous the ruby drop brings out the red in the vintage bead.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful necklace with the fish pendant! It is displayed perfectly with your choice of beads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fish pieces are great but my favorite is the pendant. It's fantastic! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great focal and you used it delightfully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That fish is to much fun, and you accented it wonderfully. Both pieces are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love fish - so I probably would have just ended up hoarding the hoarded bead. I adore what you've done with this pieces. Its stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The necklace you made with the fish is perfect. I like the other pendant too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That fish is gorgeous! Such patience you must have doing the bead embroidery on the pendant. Enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! That fish necklace is beautiful!!! Such a perfect compliment to the pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love the bead embroidery pendant!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love that Koi fish and how you used it. Nice clean lines, simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my...that fish is fintastic! Sorry I just couldn't resist. LOL. Your embroidery pendant is spectacular too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice statement piece! I like your bead embroidery too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. bead embroidery - amazing, timeless, summery and fun.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your fishy necklace is fun and colorful. Your beaded pendant is gorgeous. I see many wonderful compliments coming your way when you wear that out and about. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning fish you made such a lovely necklace to go with it and the bead embroidery is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That fish is amazing! I really like the colors you paired it up with! An d such sewing talent can be seen with your beaded pendant! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like Valerie lives really close to me! Lol! I love what you did with that beautiful fish pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The fish is gorgeous! Great job in how you featured it! Enjoy the tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well finally finished with tax season, so now I can hop. And I agree with everyone else. I really love that shell fish necklace...you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete